unable to download skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

unable to download skype

every time i try to download the skype for windows it always finish downloading, but i always get a message when i open up the program. i get the message( the file that skype needs to work cannot be found. please download skype and reinstall to fix this problem) . so i download and reinstall skype but the same message pops up. how do i fix this so i can fully download skype and use it?

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

Are you actually connected to a private network or are you on an office computer? If you have a private network connection then you probably need to run this Microsoft “Fix It”:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

After you have run this “Fix It” procedure, re-boot your computer and try to re-install Skype.

View solution in original post
crikoi
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 47 (8,428 Views)

Re: unable to download skype

This kind of error message is, as rule, related to Skype not being able to access your User folder. This might be due to wrong settings in Windows registry or network setup. Go to Windows Start and in Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. In the list of folders that will pop-up, can you see there a folder with the name Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5775
Message 2 of 47 (8,322 Views)

no i do not see a folder named skype
crikoi
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 47 (8,317 Views)

I think there is some upgration with skype download link so you can download freely bussiness version 
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/business/download/
If you will do or make response good so please Thumbs me up ! 

S.A.R.A.H
speaksara
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 47 (8,309 Views)

crikoi wrote:
no i do not see a folder named skype

What version of Windows are you on (Vista, XP, Windows7)? What directory is shown when you do this %appdata% command?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 47 (8,302 Views)

ruwim

so how do i fix that?

crikoi
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 47 (8,299 Views)

need to first remove old your skype completly then you will download if you want to better reponse so after the remove your old skype restart your system any kind of OS will run this.

S.A.R.A.H
speaksara
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 47 (8,294 Views)

crikoi wrote:

ruwim

so how do i fix that?

Could you, please, answer first the questions?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 47 (8,290 Views)

YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS THIS 
''every time i try to download the skype for windows it always finish downloading, but i always get a message when i open up the program. i get the message( the file that skype needs to work cannot be found. please download skype and reinstall to fix this problem) . so i download and reinstall skype but the same message pops up. how do i fix this so i can fully download skype and use it?'' 

AM I RITE ?

SO FOLLOW ME REPLY WHICH I HAVE TOLD ON THERE ! WILL U SEE THE RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM !
OK 

S.A.R.A.H
speaksara
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 47 (8,280 Views)

Unable to complete the doenload of skype to windows 7 without error message number 2738 coming up towards end of download. Also cannot remove Click to Call from programs now no matter what I try to do. Very messed up no skype working now.

Have tried from download on a separte disk dowmloADED FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER AS WELL BUT SAME RESULT. tRYING TO DOWNLOAD ON NEW COMPUTER AND NO LUCK . 

wHEN TRYING TO OPEN SKYP WITH DOWNLOADED VERSION WE GET ERROR MESSAGES AND CANNOT OPEN OR USE. PLEASE HELP!!!

RCR

rcr
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 47 (8,280 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling