skyping free, a laptop to a smartphone, but both h...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skyping free, a laptop to a smartphone, but both have same account owner, need to change, how?

complicated to explain but simple everyday family problem:   Daughter set up skype/free on this laptop with her usual account name, similar to what her college email was then.    Then she entered military, taking her old phone with her, and leaving old laptop with us.     When Dad went to her graduation,  which I couldn't because I had 50 baby birds and a goat to care for, besides I am pretty much a cripple ready to kick....we set up skype  on our desktop pc for me to use, and he took her old laptop so that I could see her in uniform on graduation day over the marvelous, Godsend skype, and talk to her too.    We set up a new account with my email id as my skype account name on the pc, and her old skype id was on the old laptop, and we got to skype successfully.     Then, the problem started when she went to training college and got a new smartphone but put on it her old skype account id name, which is what she put on this old laptop that he brought home to me after the trip.     We now cannot skype her on her skype name, as it ends up calling me; so I am calling myself instead of her.   

Q #1:    I can get her old password to change her account details on this old laptop skype account, but I already set up my skype account on the desktop pc, can I have that in two places?

Q#2:     Should I just delete her original free skype account on this laptop and then set up another one for me on this laptop, besides the one I have on the old pc?    

Q#3:    Most importantly;  what is the real skype "number", or whatever skype "calls" when it "skypes" one free pc or laptop or smartphone online contact, when you don't have a paid-for skype number?     We got mixed up when we named our several free skype call-originators as the same person's name, but I don't know how that could happen if we each had been designated as the id's of our devices, not the alphabetical name of some person, since that is not enough real info to go on in an ethereal web world.     Skype seems to be lacking info in these technical areas and then doesn't provide a real Q & A access.

huntersartWork
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (635 Views)

changing free skype account from child to parents free skype account

our child set up skype on old laptop.   That got left at home when she went to military, but I set up another skype free account on old desktop pc so I could skype her during graduation week.   Her father flew to that with her old laptop, to be the video skype on the other end of my skype to her.    After graduation, she was allowed full access to electronics again and bought a smartphone.   But, problems started when she just put her same old account name as previously used on laptop, onto her new smartphone's skype account.     When we tried to skype her, our pc and laptop could only call the laptop that he'd brought back home for me to use, since my Acer had crapped out.    She was able to skype him, but not me, since my skype account was made on his pc, and all we could do was wait for her to skype him under his account name.   

Q #1:   Are we better off deleting her old, original skype account off the laptop, and making a new one for me on the laptop, as a duplicate of what I made on his pc, so that I can skype from both devices?

Q#2:    Where do I find the real address of a free skype account?    Surely, the skype can't be finding and calling someone just on a few alpha digits of an online account name.....there must be one of those long, alpha-numerica-symbol combos such as url's use that is what the real skype "number" or name is...!

huntersartWork
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (634 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling