skype shutting down

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype shutting down

i open my skype after i came from work and it shut off. i uninstall and re install it but its the same... its still shutting down! it was fine the other night. help!

fufumoss12
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (1,185 Views)

Re: skype shutting down

I can log into skype....let it load.....go to my conversations, and as soon as I enter one, it shuts down. I uninstalled then reinstalled and the same thing happened. I rebooted...same thing....I scanned my PC....same thing...it worked fine last night when I logged off....
kathleen1966
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (1,041 Views)

Was able to make a couple calls after re-installing last night. This morning it crashed when I tried to edit my profile. Crash every time I select a contact!!! Windows 7, all patched fine. This started yesterday.

boyerlucky
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (1,024 Views)

everytime i start it up it crashes like 30 seconds after and its up to date and ive unistaled and reinstalled and im running it on windows vista if that helps for a answer but plz help

deathpie2
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (969 Views)

download and install skype 5.7 beta

schmellar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 6 (957 Views)

I had the same problem.  It's a problem with Skype 5.5  Downloaded Skype 5.7 Beta & problem solved.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

Goofus
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (946 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling