skype "Click to Call" stopping Java applet

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

skype "Click to Call" stopping Java applet

I am running skype Version 5.9.0.115 and the first time I try to run a JAVA applet the browser spins its wheels for a while and then I get a box stating that Skype Click to Call Plug-In is not responding. Once I click on the Disable option the JAVA applet loads and everything is fine except I get a notification bar on every open browser page that "The following plug-in has crashed: Skype Click to Call". Why is this happening?

manaranger
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (26,145 Views)

Re: skype "Click to Call" stopping Java applet

I have a similar problem. I keep getting an error message that reads, "Skype Click to Call is not responding". "Do you want to close or wait"? It happens regardless if I exit Skype or change the settings so it does not start up with my Windows XP (with Service Pack 3). It continually keeps coming back with this annoying error message. I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome as my browser. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and still the problem persists. How can I fix this problem?

nicoltony
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 11 (26,115 Views)

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6967
Message 3 of 11 (26,112 Views)

OK, removing the Click to Call app got rid of the hangup but doesn't solve the probleam as to why Skype installs software that has a compatibility problem. Why not fix it first??

manaranger
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (26,097 Views)

Skype Click-to-Call was always very buggy and practically useless. Should not be installed at all.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6967
Message 5 of 11 (26,093 Views)

Just downloaded Version 5.10 and "Click to Call" got reloaded as well. Guess what? Same problem, so, same delete work-around.

manaranger
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (25,404 Views)

manaranger wrote:

Just downloaded Version 5.10 and "Click to Call" got reloaded as well. Guess what? Same problem, so, same delete work-around.

Guess what?

5.10 is not the latest version . . .

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows/

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 7 of 11 (25,398 Views)

I have the same problem and removing it is a mess
aflorez
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (22,037 Views)

Click to Call is crashing all my browsers, Chrome, Firefox & Explorer, on two different desktops.  When I look at the task manager I see multiple hidden copies of the browsers that have crashed.  Only solution is to stop the Skype task or restart the computer short of deleting click to call.  I like click to call and use with my headset daily but I wihs they would fix this bug.

ScottEL
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (5,912 Views)

the latest version of Skype Click-to-Call (6.8.0.12323) works fine with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer

if you already have the latest version of C2C installed, perhaps you should consider the possibility of some other problem
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 10 of 11 (5,907 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling