skype not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype not working

Every time i log into skype , i get amessage a problem caused the program to stop working, windows will close program and notify you if a solution is available. I have never been notified of a solution and have beenunable to skype all day.  What is wrong?

jewel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 27 (23,561 Views)

Re: skype not working

Many of u said u couldn't download the link cause there was a breakage in this link so I am re-posting it--If u read many of the posts concerning this skype crashing issue it has been recommended that u install the latest version of skype that includes adding ur facebook friends to ur contact list and it works-I can now IM message AND also video chat with all my contacts-I have tested it after the installation and it works fine-See other posts recommending this fix-I myself have windows 7-64 bit-heres the updated link(so sorry my original link had a breakage and couldnt be opened)http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/     THIS IS THE BETA 5.7 DOWNLOAD

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 2 of 27 (23,420 Views)

This is a post I made that should help you out a bunch. Click Here!

jkush321
Reliable Adventurer
Message 3 of 27 (23,404 Views)

Just download Skype Beta 5.7; it works fine. 

islandlaker3
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 27 (23,394 Views)

i had the prob also  downoaded .bat file  works fine now  thanks for whoever wrote it

c4miner
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 27 (22,725 Views)

i am getting same message - any solution - rebooting twice has not helped.

sheelanerurkar
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 27 (22,019 Views)

i was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling version 5.5 and rebooting. Then removing all references to "Skpye" from the registry then another reboot. finally i reinstalled version 6. that worked for me and now i can skype again!
Skyper1204
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 27 (21,119 Views)

Getting the same message just not working uninstalled, restarted, unstalled again and not does not want to work... What do I do! :\

xbabiinatx
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 27 (16,559 Views)

my skype is not working and not opening...........

kainat
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 27 (15,424 Views)

everytime i try to log in, it takes it forever and then it just says skype can't connect..

what do i do to fix this?!

melodie-beth
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 27 (14,786 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling