skype login

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype login

I try to login on desktop but it says I am already logged in on this computer, to sign out and try again. But I am not logged in and cannot sign out. This has happened repeatedly. It offers alternative to login via facebook or microsoft and when I try this I get the same result.

I have tried to rename my skype fiolder skype_old but reaname not allowed as a file is being used. I deleted skype folder but although registering zero bytes will not delete. Help!

ae40
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (2,594 Views)

Re: skype login

hallo monam jawed here
Posted from Samsung GT-S8600
monamjawed
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (2,324 Views)

i have the same problem and i cant even find my skype folder to delete and try again, i would love to see a support guy actully help but no theres none

fishenfool3000
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (1,469 Views)

I had the same problem, finally got skype deleted then reinstlled and it kept saying the parameters were not correct....left it overnight and have now re-installed but cannot call out or answer call..get a message saying the4 requested look-up key was not found.......or error 0001FA41...then stops working...help !!!!!!

kirijornan
Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (1,458 Views)

fishenfool3000 wrote:

i have the same problem and i cant even find my skype folder to delete and try again, i would love to see a support guy actully help but no theres none

Try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.

If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7 version, then do also this:

Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.

Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6830
Message 5 of 6 (1,433 Views)

Re: skype logout

I have used Skype on several computers and logged out from all of them. However, when I log into my wife's account  I see that I am still logged in. Not only did I log out from the other computers, I also shut them off. How can I still be logged in?

Buldigin
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (1,263 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling