skype isn't installing well (problem C:, then rein...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype isn't installing well (problem C:, then reinstalling and a window problem)

Hello,

My name is Nicolas,

I have a problem with Skype on my computer, which is not working at all anymore. It happened in two phases:

First, when I was inserting my name and password, it sent me to my firefox window and wrote a error message (i can't remember precisely, but it was something related on C:

After several attempts I desinstalled the programme, then installed it again (once from firefox, later from Explorer).

Problem again: Skype gets installed and asks me my langauge version. I set in French and go on. Then the skype-blue window appears on the middle of the screen, but that window is almost empty: it only contains the three buttons up on the left (skype, outils (or "tools") and help). None of these three options allows me to connect and proceed further.

That windows contains nothing more than the white clouds and the rainbow.

So, this is the problem: there's not even the usual 'name' inscription nor 'password' nor anything.

I am doing this on my laptop with windows 7 (family edition)

Thank you very very much in advance if you can help me!

Nicolas

nicolasderenne
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (1,029 Views)

Re: skype isn't installing well (problem C:, then reinstalling and a window problem)

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Go to Windows Start and in the Search box type winver.exe and then press Enter.

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6071
Message 2 of 7 (1,018 Views)

Re: skype isn't installing well (problem C:, then reinstalling and a window problem)

Excuse me coming in on this but I have the same problem. Am on Windows XP, IE8 and 32bit.

I get a message "Warning 1909" and "Could not create shortcut skype.ink"

hylax
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (994 Views)

Hy ruwim, thank you very much for your quick answer.

Here are the answers to your two questions:

I have Windows 64. Version 6.1

And Internet Explorer 9.

nicolasderenne
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (989 Views)

See ruwim's post here for the likely solution to your problem:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Re-Installed-and-bizarre-outcome-on-Windows-7/m-p/507795#M4393...

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 907
Message 5 of 7 (984 Views)

Now it works, thanks a lot g4pilut and ruwim!

nicolasderenne
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (969 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 907
Message 7 of 7 (952 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling