skype home page not loading

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype home page not loading

Hi, when I log into skype the "Skype Home" doesn't load. Everything else seems to work fine, so it is more of a nuisance than anything else. It started after I downloaded the newest version of skype. Does anybody have any suggestions about fixing this? I'm running Windows Vista and my browser is Firefox

alleballe68
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (4,300 Views)

Re: skype home page not loading

there seems to be a Skype server related problem that is affecting a number of users, causing the Skype Home page to behave that way.  This will most likely be fixed in the next few days.

Yet, if you have time, I think you can try to perform the complete uninstall process.  This procedure differs from the usual uninstall as this will remove/delete almost all traces of Skype in your computer.  

This will allow you to re-install a fresh copy of Skype in your computer, and possibly fix the problems you are currently experiencing.  Please visit the link below on how to backup your files and how to do the complete uninstall process. 

How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype?

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1470
Message 2 of 6 (4,129 Views)

thanks a lot!

alleballe68
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (4,035 Views)

see my posting i created under IT's BACK!  

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 4 of 6 (4,031 Views)

I am also having the same preoblem with the home page not loading. You said it would be fixed in a few days 4 weeks ago.    

I have two skype accounts  1- laocanam  2 - mcm534. The laocanam account is set up on my laptop and am using a different server than the mcm534 account, which is on my desk top. Could this have anything to do with my problem?  I can open skype for both accounts on the lap top however not the home page for the mcm534 acct. the laocanam home page is working ok. with the mcm534 acct. I get everything except the home page. your recommendations please.

Regards

LAOCANAM

mcm534
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (3,963 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please delete your IE ("Internet Explorer") browser cache, cookies and temp files and Stop/Start Skype.

Note: The newer Skype client versions use IE internally, even when/if IE is not your default browser or even never used by you normally.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 574
Message 6 of 6 (3,959 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling