skype has stopped working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype has stopped working

I am having the same problem that several members here are experiencing.

Prior to todays date of December 17, 2011, my skype program was just working peachy keen as they say. Today, I downloaded the latest version of skype and lo and behold, skype continually  shutting down with the message skype has stopped working and then windows says it is looking for a solution, but alas it does not find one. I have Windows Ultimate 7 on my PC and have a 4gig memory with an AMD Phenom 1.8gig processor. I have had skype for about a year now. Never any difficulties, if there was a problem logging on, the solution was simple, update to the latest version. I have updated to the latest version and I am able to log on, however as soon as I try to place a video call, or doi anything else boom, I receive the message skype has stopped working. Help!!!!!!!!! What am I able to do. Thank you in advance for any advice, counsel, comfort please.  Very frustrating not able to video my friends.

liv4jah
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 232 (22,608 Views)

Re: skype has stopped working

jaymadriaga02
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 232 (22,521 Views)

THANK YOU, i thought i was the only one...it's been driving me crazy. I start skype up and within 10 seconds it stops working.

Scorp001
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 232 (22,357 Views)

I'm having the same issue. Skype has been allowing me to log and do normal text conversations, but everytime I answer a call or someone answers my call Skype stops working. It is very frustrating and has been an all day thing. I have never had any problem like this before. PLEASE HELP!

Nikita11
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 232 (22,340 Views)

The quickest method currently to resolve this, is to install over what you have using the beta release here: http://skype.com/go/getskype-beta

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 5 of 232 (22,323 Views)

Same here, Same issue. So glad i found this post....

raven_jyd
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 232 (22,318 Views)

Great Post Overlord. Thank you!
raven_jyd
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 232 (22,313 Views)

Just installed the Beta and after a little confusion on the install it solved the problem.  Thanks for the help. 

Ken429
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 232 (22,301 Views)

This fixed the problem, thanks :happy:
techjunkies1
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 232 (22,282 Views)

Having the same issues...looking for a solution...will post one if i can find one.

anthonycocco
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 232 (21,963 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling