Re: 'skype cannot connect' problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

'skype cannot connect' problem

Have a new Skype account, have downloaded the sw but when I try to connect the message 'skype cannot connect' comes up. I tried changing the password and re-downloading the sw but still the same. I am most certainly online and have good broadband...any tips?

orietta
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 215 (42,805 Views)

just discovered the cause - needed to close the VPN that linked me to my biz network - Skype does not work if that connection is open!

orietta
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 215 (42,803 Views)

Whew.  Glad you found that.  It would've been hard to troubleshooting by remote control.  :wink:

Thanks for passing along the solution which may help someone else in the future.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 856
Message 3 of 215 (42,798 Views)

I have contacts disappearing from my contact list. I was asked to upgrade to the latest skype. I did that 30 minutes ago. Now I cannot contact anybody.An error message appears saying that I am offline and I could not change that status. I had a credit over $16 and it dropped to $14 without me making any calls. Only failed attempts at calls. Adel

docadelfm1
Tourist
Message 4 of 215 (42,768 Views)

I'm sorry I could not find it on my computer and im still having the same connection problem. can some help me please. its urgent!
streetzstar
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 215 (42,435 Views)

I have been trying to fix this same issue and cant figure it out, please help??
tiaglad
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 215 (42,213 Views)

I have been trying to fix this same issue and cant figure it out, please help?? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, can't log in to skype at all.
tiaglad
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 215 (42,221 Views)

I keep getting error message 2738 and I just cannot log in.

rgjkathab
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 215 (41,962 Views)

rgjkathab wrote:

I keep getting error message 2738 and I just cannot log in.

See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-not-open/m-p/619725/highlight/true#M50635

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6810
Message 9 of 215 (41,951 Views)

I have been a Skye client with buying credits only. 

I am reviewing the option an  getting an annual subscription , Canada being my base.

Q. Can I assign my cell as the number for incoming and outgoing calls from Canad and the US.?

kjf
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 215 (41,935 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling