skype can't connect

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

skype can't connect

Skype worked (internet call, instant message, call to phone, etc.) on this laptop for over one year until last Tuesday before our travel. After we checked in to our hotel and connected to their wireless network, skpype stopped working. We checked into different hotels with different wi-fi networks and the same error message appeared. Now we are back home but skype still can't connect with our wi-fi network (and window-7) even though it worked fine before. I have another older computer (window-XP) that we didn't bring with us and skype still works OK (although subtantially slower). I checked the internet connection, port setting, un-installed skype software and re-installed it. Nothing worked. It is a mystery. Please help.

Tamim
Super Aviator

Accepted Solution

Click settings >> Personal Firewall

View solution in original post
see_jessica
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 19 (59,905 Views)

Re: skype can't connect

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?

try to Reset Internet Explorer settings.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

try to delete temporary internet files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897

now try running skype

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6862
Message 2 of 19 (59,867 Views)

I HAVE NORTON iNTERNET sECURITY INSTALLED. I'll try to delete temporary internet files. But why do I need to Reset Internet Explorer settings? My internet coonections are working OK and I have no problems accessing and browsing internet sites?
see_jessica
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (59,866 Views)

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

From main page of NIS, Seclect  >> Personal Firewall >> Program Control >> Personal Firewall General Settings >> Add  >>  locate Skype >>  Allow

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 19 (59,855 Views)

How do I find main page of NIS to Seclect >> Personal Firewall ? I opened the NIS icon and can see only:
Setting Performance Feedback Account Support
see_jessica
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (59,847 Views)

[ Edited ]

Click settings >> Personal Firewall

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 19 (59,843 Views)

i've been using skype for over a year now in my MacBook Pro OSX Safari and it was fine until i installed the latest version of Skype the other day.  Since said installation, skype doesn't work anymore.  it leads me to the page but always says i need to be online to make calls or chat with my contacts, even if i am connected through wifi (personal hotspot).  I know the wifi connection is ok because i can browse the internet.  what's wrong?

marjb
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 19 (59,477 Views)

mine it's the same do no want to work i log in into my account and is all good.... then, i click anything and my skype get stucked in my macbook! what do i do ?
feburi14
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 19 (59,265 Views)

Re: skype get stucked

I have a macbook and I have lion, since I upgraded my skype with facebook, everytime I try to click something in my skype it gets stucked and my skype application do not want to work anymore, so I have to close it, I have tried a lot of things, uninstalling the app , getting it once again, cleaning my Mac.... I don't know what to do, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKS :happy: 

feburi14
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (59,261 Views)

i usually can call any skype users when i see them online but now i cannot call them but they can call me then our communication is established.

jessvfrias
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 19 (59,004 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling