reinstall windows and Skype does not recognize my ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

reinstall windows and Skype does not recognize my account

Dear member,

I have rebooted my computer and reinstalled windows,

than I dowloaded skyp. I have not created a new account but simply logged in and installed the software.

My skype name is still the same "daniele_gipy" but there are not the list of frinds and my 24 euro accuont!!!

what went wrong in the installation?

thanks in advance

daniele

daniele_cicuzza
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (321 Views)

Re: reinstall windows and Skype does not recognize my account

I'm hoping by now the problem has fixed itself.  Sometimes it takes a while for Skype to propagate Contacts and other account info.  But if you're still having the issue....

What version of Skype did you install?  That's visible if you click on Help > About Skype.

When you start Skype, do you see your Contact list, even if empty, and the "Skype Home" window?

What I'm really trying to make sure, before trying to come up with any other suggestions,  is that you installed the Skype program and are signed on in the correct way. 

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1015
Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling