registering skype to go

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

registering skype to go

I can't complete the skype to go registration.  It does not allow me to enter my own phone number.

Please use plain text.
OdysseasNY
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: registering skype to go

I am attempting to register a skype-to-go number.  I am able to enter a contact's information and advance to the "register your own number" page.  I select USA, New York, 917 area code) but the next line still has a +44 default country code.  I enter my number using +1917, check the "agree to the terms" box and enter a pin (that does not start with zero).  After that I am still unable to click on "Continue" to proceed with registration.  It just hangs.  I have tried using the latest Internet Explorer as well as the latest Mozilla Firefox.  I have contacted online chat support and have spoken with 2 different support staff.  The best answer I got was "maybe the server is down for maintenance".  Does anyone know what is going on?

Please use plain text.
OdysseasNY
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: registering skype to go

I am also having a similar issue. I am attempting to add a skype number to my account for work so I can schedule a call appointment. The website seems to be having display errors as well as function. Even when viewing the page with the no style option in Firefox (which allows me to actually see the form options), I cannot complete the select area code form after selecting my state. I have tried this in up to date versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari in IOS. All showing the same issue. It definitely seems like some kind of server or code failure. Hopefully we can get these problems resolved soon!

Please use plain text.
GuzuONE
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 3 (147 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling