"last seen" feature

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

"last seen" feature

Why isn't my "last seen" or "last on-line" feature working when I scroll over my contacts' icons?

myokhoma
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (7,028 Views)

Re: "last seen" feature

is the contact's status OFFLINE?
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 301
Message 2 of 5 (7,021 Views)

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your response.  Sometimes I've checked contacts when they are "offline" and sometimes while they are "online".   I have read a couple of your other responses on this subject, but am still a little unclear.  When you said,   "last seen' means the last time that your contact was seen online BY THIS SIGNED-IN CLIENT (the contact could easily have been online while this client was not even running, and it would be impossible for this client to know)"

AND:

'last activity' means the last time there was some kind of Skype activity (like a call or an exchange of chat messages) between your contact and THIS client (not this Skype name)

I am assuming by THIS SIGNED IN CLIENT you mean me on my own computer which Nobody else uses.  If this is the case, there have been two recent times when I have been online and other contacts of mine have been online simultaneously; however, when I scroll over their icons (while online or not) it still gives the same dates and times from several months ago.

Thank you so much

myokhoma
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (7,006 Views)

if you sign into Skype using multiple machines, each instance of YOU will maintain it's own history of when a given client was last seen online and when that instance of you interacted with the contact

if a contact is online when you check, you will not see any 'last seen' indication, because they are online NOW -- what is reported as 'last activity' will be the same regardless of whether the contact is online now or not

if you think you have seen something else, then I would have to say it is a bug, and should be reported as such (logs from both sides would be required by Skype to troubleshoot) -- but is it really worth it?? -- Skype won't even look unless the issue can be reproduced by using the current public version
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 301
Message 4 of 5 (7,003 Views)

Thank you, Neil.

That was helpful.  And, no, checking into it would not be worth it.

myokhoma
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (6,994 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling