"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again."

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again."

I tried using Skype on my laptop when I first went to college last year.
It never worked, I kept getting that same message so I got frustrated and deleted it off of my computer.

My roommate is transferring schools and we want to keep in touch. She asked why I didn't have Skype yet and so I downloaded it again.
Now I remember why I don't have Skype.

I know it's not my internet connection, I've tried to connect from three different places: the school I went to last year, my house and my school this year.

What do I need to do? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program many times.

nicole1226
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (3,092 Views)

Re: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again."

Download, but don’t run this installer for the latest 6.0.0.126 version.

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.0.0.126.msi

Using the procedure described here,

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/How-to-update-Skype-without-using-any-Skype-installer/m-p/7073...

extract the Skype.exe file from the SkypeSetup_6.0.0.126.msi file and replace your currently installed Skype.exe with this new Skype.exe file. You will be now running the Skype 6.0.0.126 version.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6594
Message 2 of 10 (3,082 Views)

Tried that solution, did not work ..

I get this error only when attempting to sign into Skype using my Microsoft Live Account(s) ..

have all other access to these emails otherwise ..

Orvidor
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (2,478 Views)

[ Edited ]

are you on some VPN or are you using a proxy? those might block the connection to particular addresses.

are you able to login with Internet Explorer here: https://login.live.com/ ?

try to login to MS account on same computer but with different internet connection (in work, home or netcoffee, ...)

its similar to topic: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Cannot-Login-With-Microsoft-Account-Keep-Getting-Error-Message...

mario_schmotzer
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (2,453 Views)

I am getting the same error logging in with MS account.   (First time I've done this in Skype - trying to "upgrade")

thomasoatman
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (2,396 Views)

Hi everyone I have the same behaviour today I was using skype with my WLM account from a while and today I was not able to login using this account

OscarDalence
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (2,361 Views)

Did you receive any error code / messages?

Have you already deleted shared.xml file?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6308
Message 7 of 10 (1,943 Views)

I tried all of that. no help.
Things started working later on in the day and are still working now. So this had to be a server issue.
thomasoatman
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (1,937 Views)

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear that.

Not only server issue but also a local issue.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6308
Message 9 of 10 (1,930 Views)

Yes, I was able to sign in on Internet Explorer, https://login.live.com/ but still have problems connecting with Skype
skypinginghana
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (1,506 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling