"Sometimes the internet is a bit sleepy" message w...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

"Sometimes the internet is a bit sleepy" message when attempting to log in using Messenger

My apologies beforehand if this situation was already reported and answered elsewhere, but starting just yesterday Skype has been giving me the message "Sometimes the internet is a bit sleepy" message whenever I click on the square blocks that generally allow me to log into my messenger account.  If I log in using my regular Skype ID I can get on, but doing so doesn't give me access to my messenger contacts.  I do have the latest version of skype, and I have attempted a system restore to fix the issue before.  Another thing that I found curious was the messenger account not working with Skype's Main Page either when I made the attempt to log in using that to write this request.

For further information, I did have an issue before where logging in using my messenger account did work, but the messenger contacts themselves weren't showing up.  I managed to use a trick based on a 403'd version of the mobile Skype feature that fixed it, which worked for maybe a week or so before this new issue.  I don't know if the two are related, but I would greatly appreciate insight or assistance on this problem.

If I wasn't clear earlier, this is for the Skype on Windows Client, specifically the login screen.

This widget could not be displayed.
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn or similiar software installed?

Check Proxy settings

In Internet Explorer, Go to, Tools >> Internet Options... >> Connections>> Lan settings , Use a proxy server... if it had been ticked, then... Remove that check. Make sure automatically detect settings is enabled. (Marked)

ieproxy.PNG

View solution in original post
SuperAnon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (2,653 Views)

Re: "Sometimes the internet is a bit sleepy" message when attempting to log in using Messe

Are you behind a Proxy?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6451
Message 2 of 14 (2,645 Views)

Re: "Sometimes the internet is a bit sleepy" message when attempting to log in using Messe

Ah, no. At least I don't believe I'm using any kind of proxy.
SuperAnon
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (2,644 Views)

Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn or similiar software installed?

Check Proxy settings

In Internet Explorer, Go to, Tools >> Internet Options... >> Connections>> Lan settings , Use a proxy server... if it had been ticked, then... Remove that check. Make sure automatically detect settings is enabled. (Marked)

ieproxy.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 14 (2,641 Views)

Wow! I honestly can't believe I didn't notice that, thank you very much Tanim!
SuperAnon
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 14 (2,633 Views)

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 14 (2,631 Views)

Hello Tamim,

Simialr to SuperAnon I experienced the "little bit sleepy" message on Thursday and yesterday while using a PC running XP.  This morning using a W8 PC when I logged on to Skype, simialr to many others, my Messenger contacts are gone.  Everything was fine on Wednesday.  

The version of Skype is reported as 6.3.0.107.  The banner at the top of this page says "Please make sure you are using the latest version (currently 6.5) of Skype for Windows before reporting an issue." but when I use Skype to check for updates it says "You already have the latest version of Skype installed".  I don't like the W8 version and am running the desktop version.

I hsve seen a variety of messages relating to both these problems but cann ot see if they are related.

Can you offer any advice or a solution?

Thank you.

GBS

GBS
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 14 (2,366 Views)

GBS,

You can update to Skype to its current build using this installer.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 14 (2,362 Views)

Dear Tamim,

Is this a solution or just a guess at a solution?

GBS

GBS
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 14 (2,357 Views)

Tamim,

Thanks very much, it worked.

But I must ask why did v6.3 tell me my Skype was up to date when it wasn't?  Also, my "other" Messenger account worked fine with v6.3.

Anyway, I appreciate your help.  Thumbs up!

GBS

GBS
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 14 (2,354 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling