"Skype has stopped working message"

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: "Skype has stopped working message"

I'm having the same problem on my HP - worked fine until just now, and have another notebook that it works fine on (Dell).   Need help

markus18351
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 91 (2,237 Views)

Same issue off and on for over a week every time I  try to make or accept a call... skype encounters a problem and needs to close...getting very annoy'n one day it works without any problem... the next it's nothing BUT problems.. done it all rebooted... uninstalled and reinstalled, updated browsers etc...nothing works! I was thinking of buying skype credits but I'm not wasting my money on a service that works only part time lol...

terri_raynard
Novel Tourist
Message 22 of 91 (2,209 Views)

I thought I was the one having this issue when I tried calling my dear ones to wish them happy new year this morning! The same issue happens on my Vaio on Vista. Had been working till this morning and stopped all of a sudden.. I hope the skype team will fix this ASAP..Thanks in Advance and Happy New Year everyone!

Gowrish
Novel Tourist
Message 23 of 91 (2,197 Views)

just download the 5.7 beta it works just fine now

babyj61
Novel Adventurer
Message 24 of 91 (2,187 Views)

I just posted something about the same problem yet mine was longer because I am very upset with this, I had it with my old computer and its frustrated the hell out of me. Now that I know its not just my computer its skype I'm better but someone needs to fix it.

Zombiebamfxd
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 91 (2,179 Views)

same thing happened to me just this morning. i was chatting just normal and then suddenly skype stopped working

heyheykoolaid
Novel Tourist
Message 26 of 91 (2,164 Views)

Solution from Skype guy in another thread. This is for Windows 7 and it resets Skype, so you'll need your password to sign in at the end:

- Make sure Skype is closed

- Click Start then type %appdata% in the text field at the bottom, hit enter

- You should see a Skype folder on the right, select it and delete

- Restart Skype. It will be back at default settings so you need to sign in again.

This worked fine for me.

TheVirtualMcCoy
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 91 (2,146 Views)

I have been getting the sam message and have been playing with settings for 2 hours I am done for now and glad to find out that I am not the only one with issues.

randyroussey
Casual Tourist
Message 28 of 91 (2,139 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  It appears that the Flash Player and broken Flash ads

are causing the problem.  I have Skype 5.5, Flash Player 11.1, and there's an ad by

Progressive displayed on my Skype Home page that seems to be crashing Skype.

The last time I had the problem, uninstalling the Flash Player did the trick.  It's

just annoying to have to uninstall Flash so I can use Skype and then install it again

when I want to see some Flash content in a web browser.  It would be helpful to

have a switch to disable plugins in Skype.

gbaumgartner
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 91 (2,111 Views)

Uninstall the current version of Skype, then reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version. See if it helps.

Download Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

If not resolve this issue, then

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Delete folder "Skype".

4. Re-run Skype

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6508
Message 30 of 91 (2,083 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling