"Show Hidden Conversations" doesn't restore group ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

"Show Hidden Conversations" doesn't restore group chats?

I'm trying to setup a Skype group for a long term (always active) group chat in our business.

But I don't want the chat window up all the time. I want the notification bubbles so I can easily ignore until I see something interesting.

This is not really working. In fact the group chat support feels rather half-baked:

1) When I Hide a group chat via Conversation->Hide Conversation,

then it WILL NOT come back when I do "View->Show Hidden Conversations". (Note that the option is not grayed out - It is there to select, just nothing happens when you select it. After selecting once it does 'gray out', so something happened)

2) Moreover, when hidden, the first inbound message I get on the group DOES show up as a bubble, but it also restores the chat window (to my task bar anyway). Further messages just flash the taskbar entry - And I get no notification bubble. Pretty useless.

3) Actually, you only get the bubble if the conversation is hidden and the main Skype Window is closed! (Or something like that)

4) The notification bubbles only give about 3 words anyway so are pretty useless as they are.

Basically, I REALLY want to use the Group Chat feature on a long term 'background' basis, but it all appears somewhat broken, inconsistent and poorly thought out.

Where the heck do I report bugs?

There are a lot of forums here, but not one sounds like a "Report Bugs Here" forum???

Are Skype so bold as to think their software has no bugs???

Not bold, naive and annoying.

In the meantime I'm investigating other group chat solutions for our business group. It feels to me like an old IRC client could do a better job...

I'm in WinXP using version 5.5.32.117 (Business Download).

I though the business Ed might work better, but it doesn't.

Any help/pointers/bug-fixes appreciated.

peterg4000
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (12,295 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling