Re: problem of group video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

problem of group video call

Hello ,

Skype offer a 30 days free group video call , but when i apply to get the offer; a message appear to me say "" Unfortunately, you won't be able to get a free trial as there are no payment methods available to validate your order."
please , how to activiate this offer.

thanks

khaled199
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (263 Views)

??????????????

khaled199
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (242 Views)

It sounds to me like you may have to put a credit card on file to place the order.   When you sign up for any trial, a form of payment is probably required for 2 reasons:

1.  To set you up for a permanent subscription should you chose to continue beyond the 30 days.

2.  To ensure that the free 30-day trial isn't free for you every month if you decide to cancel and sign up a 2nd time (the next month, etc.)

If you want to ensure you don't get billed after 30 days then you would have to cancel the subscription.  I believe you can cancel the subscription nearly as soon as you sign up and you will still get your 30 days, it just won't renew.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1455
Message 3 of 5 (234 Views)

but i dont have credit card!

khaled199
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]

...then I don't see how you can trial a service.  Especially one you could never pay for if you decided you liked it.  Whether I fully agree with the terms or not the majority of "free trials"  (legitimate or otherwise) all require a form of payment to avoid abuse of the trial and to pre-set you up if you decide to keep it.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1455
Message 5 of 5 (195 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling