playing chess on skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

playing chess on skype

Hello, I used to find the chess board in the extras but now I just cant open it. How can I reach that function again? Thanks

ladykatherine12
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (11,610 Views)

Re: playing chess on skype

Extras are no longer supported. That said, you can install an older release from here, during the install process, you will see a "Options" button, please click it and make sure that the "Install/Update Extras Manager" checkbox is checked and then continue the installation:

http://skype.com/go/getskype-em

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 785
Message 2 of 9 (11,421 Views)

I have already been through that. No "options" possibility, so no extras. Any other suggestion? 

ladykatherine12
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (11,411 Views)

So, you are saying that when you use this link, to install, that you see no "Options" button appear during the installation?

http://skype.com/go/getskype-em

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 9 (11,408 Views)

Yes, I am saying that one, so even I have installed the older version, no extras, no chess

ladykatherine12
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (11,402 Views)

OK, I guess I have solved the problem :happy:) thanks

ladykatherine12
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (11,401 Views)

You are very welcome, could you please click the "Accept this as solution" button on my post, that solved your issue, so that others having this same issue can find this information easily, thanks.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 7 of 9 (11,396 Views)

For your future attention when using newer versions of Skype: there're some client programs for chess playing over Skype which make it possible for you to playing chess with your contacts. For example Chess4Net (google for it).Last version is 2011.1, it has even an option of broadcasting your games to other people.

packpaul
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 9 (11,389 Views)

how did you do it?
star_jenny24
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (8,062 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling