no ''space'' to add my personal information at the...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

no ''space'' to add my personal information at the welcome page.

(windows 7) i was using skype for 4 days already but today when i tried to open it, the first page that appears(where you add your username and the password) was just the backround image of skype(just blue) there were anything, no letters, no boxes..so i can't fill my personal information and sign in..i have already tried to uninstall and install it..(sorry for my english) any ideas..?:/

miltos_volume
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (264 Views)

Re: no ''space'' to add my personal information at the welcome page.

See this for a general explanation of the problem:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-t-login-Redirected-to-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login/td-p/...

However, the recent testing has shown that if you have the latest version of Internet Explorer, then the problem can be resolved by appropriate registration of JavaScript components. See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Error-when-logging-ing-Skype/td-p/415047/page/2

Do this in order to test if JavaScript is working with your Internet Explorer:

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

If you don’t get a positive response, then you will need to perform the following registration procedure:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

If your Windows is 32-bit version then do this in the Command Prompt window:

Type: regsvr32 jscript.dll, press Enter

If you have Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) installed, then additionally do this:

Type: regsvr32 jscript9.dll, press Enter

After each Enter you should receive a message saying something like: XXX.dll was successfully registered.

If your Windows is 64-bit version, then you need to ensure that in the Command prompt you are in the C:\Windows\SysWoW64\ directory. If you see that you are in System32 folder then type cd..  (2 dots are important) and then press Enter. Next type cd syswow64. Do the same registration commands as mentioned above.

Reboot your computer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6550
Message 2 of 2 (146 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling