my home page wont load

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

my home page wont load

when i start skype my home page will not load.. also i am unable to install skype updates. this is a recent problem.. ive tried everything i can think of.

webdill92
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 42 (2,662 Views)

Re: my home page wont load

A new version has just been released September 13th, 2011:

Please download/install this version from here, when prompted click the open or run button: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

This new version is 5.5.0.117 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:

Help -> About Skype

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 2 of 42 (2,454 Views)

I am using the latest version and my home page will not load. Come on Skype you need to fix this. I have read multiple posts on this issue and you guys have not sorted this out yet??? What is going on??? Please get this fixed.. Thank you in advance

canesfan4life
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 42 (2,450 Views)

There seems to be an issue with the Skype server and the Home page at the moment, for some, including me. If all your other Skype functions are currently working, it should return back to normal soon. Skype is aware of this issue and working on it.

If you are having other issues besides the Skype home issue, please post them here.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 4 of 42 (2,448 Views)

i'm trying use this but getting upset can someone help with this problem.

steve1264
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 42 (1,959 Views)

Is your connection status on Skype Online? The status icon must be solid green with a white checkmark inside. Try to change the status using the dropdown arrow next to this icon.

ChangeStatus.jpg

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6934
Message 6 of 42 (1,958 Views)

I've struggled with this issue for the last few weeks.

I have looked for solutions, and have tried some.

I have uninstalled Skype.

I have downloaded the latest version.

I have installed the latest version.

I have clicked to make Skype is "online" 

RESULT:  The problem remains.  The "CALL" button is grayed out, thus I am not able to make any calls at all.

This error has persisted a long time -- I have read the posts.

It is time for Skype programmers to solve this problem once and for all.

I have used Skype since the time it had only about 100,000 people connected, and I have never encountered this problem until a couple of weeks ago.

Please help!

cgustaf
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 42 (1,876 Views)

cgustaf wrote:

I've struggled with this issue for the last few weeks.

I have looked for solutions, and have tried some.

I have uninstalled Skype.

I have downloaded the latest version.

I have installed the latest version.

I have clicked to make Skype is "online" 

RESULT:  The problem remains.  The "CALL" button is grayed out, thus I am not able to make any calls at all.

This error has persisted a long time -- I have read the posts.

It is time for Skype programmers to solve this problem once and for all.

I have used Skype since the time it had only about 100,000 people connected, and I have never encountered this problem until a couple of weeks ago.

Please help!

Download and install latest internet explorer from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie/

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6459
Message 8 of 42 (1,875 Views)

I have loaded version 6.0 and my home page won't load......Microsoft strikes again, not capable of doing  anything right.

bud_renninger
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 42 (1,730 Views)

Make sure your connection status is set to online.

online.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6459
Message 10 of 42 (1,728 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling