my desktop skype logs on as "invisible" status whe...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

my desktop skype logs on as "invisible" status when I always leave it as online

As the title says, sometimes when I log into my skype it is set as "invisible" status, when I never change it to that. I would like to always appear online, and I want it to show that I go online when I log in. Why does this sometimes happen?

I do sometimes get on skype through mobile, and I am always invisible there. Maybe this has something to do with it? 

Thanks

thehiddendragon
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)

Re: my desktop skype logs on as "invisible" status when I always leave it as online

[ Edited ]

Having your mobile set to invisible/another client set to invisible will change/update your online status mode. This is most likely the cause.  I routinely monitor a friend's skype account and I've observed when that firend changes their mode or I change their mode, both clients are synced to the same status.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1108
Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: my desktop skype logs on as "invisible" status when I always leave it as online

Thanks for the quick response

I would like to reiterate and say that I am never on mobile and desktop versions at the same time. I always sign out  of my mobile before ever logging on to the desktop version and vice versa. Does it still affect it?

Say like I am on mobile for a few hours, invisible as usual. Then I would log off, and a few hours later I would get on skype desktop. Will it appear/go invisible because I was invisible on my mobile version a few hours prior? 

Silly and way too nit-picky of a question, but I appreciate any responses!

thehiddendragon
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

As far as I recall normally it works the same whether offline or online.  Once any Skype client checks in with an updated status, your account is updated with that status.  So it's basically toggled.  When you sign in with another Skype client it will echo the last state your account was in.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1108
Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling