internet dcing while on skype and league

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

internet dcing while on skype and league

will be on skype and league, call will disconnect a few times then reconnect, then my intenet will disconnect completely. only happens when on skype though. anyone have any info to help with this?

kleptocrow
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (212 Views)

Re: internet dcing while on skype and league

run Skype and Check connection settings

In Skype Click Tools >> Click Connection options...

type any port between 1024 and 65535

Uncheck settings "use port 80 and 443.....incoming connections"

disable uPnP.

Quit and restart Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6070
Message 2 of 8 (205 Views)

have done that, still not working =/

kleptocrow
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (187 Views)

so been waiting for a reply. is there anything else i can do? =/

kleptocrow
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (162 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure how much bandwidth you have to start with, as that can be a issue.  If going wireless try wired.   If already going wired, try connecting directly to your modem, bypassing your router, if possible.  Also when uPnP is disabled in Skye it's a good idea to power cycle your modem/router to help purge any remaining cached uPnP entries.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1103
Message 5 of 8 (160 Views)

ok so still disconnects. have Upnp unticked, also the port 80 and 443 unticked. also chose a random port for incoming connections (have seen this on other posts to try it) and still disconnects. have restarted modem and all that. still disconnects internet when i am on skype/league. it disconnects after a little bit, not right away though. any other ideas?

kleptocrow
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (131 Views)

Is the modem you own a modem and a router or a combo modem/router?  You can try putting your IP address into the DMZ of the router to see if anything changes.  If your modem/router is really disconnecting then the issue may be related to your modem/router and it not being able to handle the load of open TCP/UDP connections  (Skype can open many more than your average game or application) or line/threshold issue on your ISP/WAN side.  The only other possibility is malicious activity from another contact or game player.

I've personally experienced problems on my ISP/WAN side and Skype issues when I upgraded my modem,  and when I've worked with cheap quality wireless/wired routers whose firmware crashed under heavy load or by using UPnP.  I personally use a decent modem and a series of wired/wireless routers in my house.  Even though the modem I have is a combo device I don't use it because I know it to be wirelessly and NAT buggy and I don't need to tax my modem anymore that it needs to, even if it can take it.  So when you have a problem of this nature it's best to simplify the scenario and narrow your troubleshooting.

Skype really isn't doing something too far out of the ordinary.  Skype will continue to work the way that it does, so while Skype may be construed by some as a network resource hog, the real issue is what component in your setup is causing the instability?  If not due to your setup, there is also the possibility that one of your Skype or game contacts are obtaining your IP and DDOS flooding it.  If that is the case, there is not much you can do.  Your game can leak your IP and so can Skype to your contacts.  Skype has built-in protection for non-contacts (if enabled), but can't stop your game or personal contacts from doing so.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1103
Message 7 of 8 (123 Views)

well the modem/router is my dads thing, i have no idea anything about that lol. but it doesnt always crash. usually its in group chat or ive noticed with certain people i am in chat with. but i have no idea about the router/modem =/

kleptocrow
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (120 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling