how to reopen call monitor

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

how to reopen call monitor

[ Edited ]

Can no longer manually open video pop out on version 5.6.0.105. The video pops out automatically when switching applications and would like to know how to get the pop out window back when accidentally closed. Do I have to end the call everytime just to get the video pop out back?

Thanx

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, this seems to be the only option to get the pop out window back. If you close it, then you need to restart the call in order to have this option available again. I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature, but it’s how it works now in 5.6.0.105. Just avoid closing the pop out window. It will disappear by itself as soon as the call window is in focus.
View solution in original post
earth
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (32,380 Views)

Re: how to reopen call monitor

Unfortunately, this seems to be the only option to get the pop out window back. If you close it, then you need to restart the call in order to have this option available again. I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature, but it’s how it works now in 5.6.0.105. Just avoid closing the pop out window. It will disappear by itself as soon as the call window is in focus.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6299
Message 2 of 5 (32,231 Views)

@Ruwim,

I just followed your advice twice but it didn't work?! Do you have any further ideas on how to fix it?

[never going to close the call monitor again!] :happy:

Angelicon
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (26,568 Views)

You can also do this:

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Call settings -> Show advanced options. Uncheck the option: "Show call controls when Skype is in the background". When this option is unchecked you can manually activate the pop-up using the monitor button on the right end of the call toolbar, i.e. as it used to work on the older 5.5 version.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6299
Message 4 of 5 (26,563 Views)

Thanks very much! :happy: That worked in ever way except it doesn't then dissappear when I click on the skype dialogue box, but that's okay. :happy: Cheers!

Angelicon
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (26,439 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling