how to permanently delete a contact from skype and...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

how to permanently delete a contact from skype and from options,privacy,deleted contacts list?

Hi,

I i want to delete some contact from my skype permanently, When i click on Block and Delete and also Report them as a Spam during the deleting and blocking procedure, But whenever i go to "Options > Privacy > Blocked Contacts"  It's all appear there, I even want to remove them from that list as well.

Please help me how to get ride of contacts even from Options> Privacy> Blocked Contacts, Because, I am running an academy for study purpose where we use to commuinate through skype and when i delete unwanted contacts from our employs then they simply Add those contacts again to there list from Blocked Contacts from Privacy > Options, Please help and let me know how to permanently delete from Skype. Thanks and Waiting for some one kind response.

glinksofts
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 29 (522,457 Views)

Re: how to permanently delete a contact from skype and from options,privacy,deleted contacts list?

[ Edited ]

if you wish to Block someone they MUST be included on the Blocked list -- otherwise how would Skype know to block them?

Blocking a contact does not, in and of itself, remove them from your contact list -- removing someone from your contact list is a separate process, and is rather trivial to accomplish -- simply right-click on the contact and select 'Remove from Contacts'

Unblocking someone does not return them to your contact list, but a blocked contact CAN remain on your contact list after they are blocked

so, in the end, all it would seem that you really need to do in the future is to simply delete people from your contact list

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 269
Message 2 of 29 (522,224 Views)

Re: how to permanently delete a contact from skype and from options,privacy,deleted contacts list?

What shall I do if I ant to delete them and block them?

Thank you

bouzayani
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 29 (521,092 Views)

right click on contact on contact list and select "Block This Person"

you can optionally remove the person from your contact list during the blocking process as well
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 4 of 29 (521,085 Views)

after blocking them how can I remove them from my blocked contact list?

Thank you

bouzayani
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 29 (521,072 Views)

blocking adds the name to the blocked list

there is no way to remove someone from blocked list without unblocking

it is the blocked list that determines who is blocked
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 6 of 29 (521,064 Views)

This is absolute CRAP!  Skype reached into an OLD Outlook file of mine and added every single damned name.  Now I can't delete them without "blocking" them, and they still appear on the damned list......REALLY shoddy!!!!!

douglasbennion
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 29 (520,583 Views)

[ Edited ]

Skype doesn''t import Outlook contacts to Skype, it just makes them visible to the Skype client if you turn on the option

simply turn that option off and they disappear

untick the option under 'Contacts' menu

and in the future, please do not hijack someone else's thread -- your issue is with Outlook, not about blocking -- any post that does not contribute toward a solution to the issue brought up by the original poster, is a hijack attempt -- start your own thread instead

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 8 of 29 (520,574 Views)

I think it is unfair to accuse anyone of hijacking here.

The original question remains unanswered.  There would seem to be a serious logical flaw in Skype's contact management.

If I want to delete a contact, that does not mean that I want to block them.  I want the record deleted.  I do not want my Skype account to know about them at all.  I have a case where I accidentally created two contacts for the same person.  I do NOT want to block either of these records.  I want to delete one.

Please respond directly to this issue only.  Is there a way to DELETE A CONTACT from my Skype?

Cheers,

Emerson

ewswan
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 29 (520,148 Views)

ewswan wrote:

I think it is unfair to accuse anyone of hijacking here.

the forum rules are not there to be interpreted as you see fit -- any post that does not specifically contribute to the resolution of the issue raised in the original post is considered a hijack attempt

the choice of title for this thread was a bit unfortunate and confusing because the specific question raised in the first post concerns blocking and then, optionally, deleting a contact, not simply removing a contact

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 10 of 29 (520,141 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling