how to move skype log

Welcome To get started please read our short introduction.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

how to move skype log

As I know Skype Log files are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\[Profile Name]\Application Data\Skype\[Skype User]. In Windows Vista and 2008, the log files are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\[Profile Name]\AppData\Roaming\Skype\[Skype User]. 

My question is how to move the log to drive D:, because my drive C is protected by DeepFreeze. every time i  restart my computer the log gone.

hendrajun
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (7,495 Views)

Re: how to move skype log

hendrajun wrote:

As I know Skype Log files are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\[Profile Name]\Application Data\Skype\[Skype User]. In Windows Vista and 2008, the log files are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\[Profile Name]\AppData\Roaming\Skype\[Skype User]. 

My question is how to move the log to drive D:, because my drive C is protected by DeepFreeze. every time i  restart my computer the log gone.

create a custom desktop shortcut to start Skype that includes the /datapath switch to put your Skype profile data wherever you would like

eg. "C:\Program Files\Skype\" /datapath:"D:\folder_x"

note that it is important to include the quotation marks in the 'target' of the shortcut

Regards,
Neil