how do you take a screen shot with update 5.5

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

how do you take a screen shot with update 5.5

i really dont like how i cant take a screen shot of my family, i would love it if some one can figure out how the new update will let me take a snapshot.

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

The current version, 5.9.0.114, has an option to configure a hotkey for snapshots.   I have Alt-z configured.   It works great.

If you don't have v5.9.0.114 (click on Help > About Skype to double check) you can download the full installer via this link:  http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

View solution in original post
theonly4by4
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 24 (33,220 Views)

Re: how do you take a screen shot with update 5.5

Please refer to the screenshot below.  just click the "+" button, then select Take a Picture to take a snapshot.

snapshots 5.5.png

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1670
Message 2 of 24 (33,101 Views)

Thank you. I will try this the next time I am on Skype.

lsnbwn

lsnbwn
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 24 (33,087 Views)

How do I know what updates have been installed? If it's 5.5 as above, the solution hasn't worked for me. All of a sudden I can't take snap shots either and the solution of clicking on the symbol at the bottom of the screen does not offer the option.

latiamaria
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 24 (32,805 Views)

It would be very practical (and polite), if after an autoupdate, Skype informed on the new version. But anyway, you can lookup yourself the version number in menu Help - About.

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 635
Message 5 of 24 (32,796 Views)

The difficulty with the above "solution" is that it is nearly as slow as the method the OP mentioned. By the time even the quickest mouse jockyey hits the plus and then the snapshot button, the moment has LONG passed. Believe me, I have tried... and tried and tried and tried. Pre-clicking the plus symbol only works, by the way, for one pic, because after the snapshot is taken, the screen reloads to where the plus button is not pre-clicked.

We need an immediately accessible one click solution.

G
gearjammer_dc
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 24 (32,757 Views)

100% agree - the redesign for 5.5 is nice but shifting the video snapshot button is an epic fail. It needs to be placed back where a quick snapshot or a series of snapshots can be taken in succession without having to open a menu, taking the shot, closing the gallery and repeat. A real shame. Please fix Skype!
darrenjkerr
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 24 (32,655 Views)

at least make the plus a multibutton, so there is a quick menu and the option for an immediate snapshot. Seriously why would you bury the most popular button in the application? Stupid
beyondorange
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 24 (32,615 Views)

Hi PM....Thanks very much for your quick reply. Problem solved!
Larry
lar
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 24 (32,414 Views)

I agree with the above people. Moving the button into a menu from a quick button was a very bad idea. I don't understand how the designers or developers thought this would be a good idea. It was the first thing I looked for on Skype when I loaded 5.5.0.119 and I became upset right away that it was not there.

The majority of the time, pictures on Skype are not posed or set up. By the time you get to the button in the menu, and yes I mean the plus button on the bottom of the screen, the moment you were trying to capture is already gone.

Please fix this soon, its already been a month since people have started complaining about this... 

Shadow111085
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 24 (31,773 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling