how do I block skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

how do I block skype

I need to know how to firewall skype to keep my kids off it.

I can find all kinds of information about the opposite, but I do not wish for my kids to video chat with perverts.

Please tell me how to block skype.

thank you

concernedfather
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (11,963 Views)

Re: how do I block skype

I would first make sure Skype is removed from the computer. Follow with the next steps to block Skypes web site.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Internet Options > Security Tab > Restricted Sites (Add www.skype.com)

You can also use Windows Help and Support program, found on every version of Windows and learn about Perental Controls for more security and restriction opptions.

Regards,
Beowolfv

-If I Answered Your QuestionThenPlease Give "KUDOS" And Mark It As A "SOLUTION" So Others Can Find Help.
Beowolfv
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 2 of 4 (11,960 Views)

Please read question again. He said FIREWALL not remove, not parental controls in windows either. That means it will not connect while he is not home. I would like to specify I need 2 different answers. 1 for on the same computer and 1 for a network wide multiple computer solution. If it is possible.
norman405
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (10,662 Views)

[ Edited ]

http://blog.imfirewall.us/How+To+Block+Skype.aspx found this so far. for a network server. wish it worked on my router. Anyone?

norman405
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (10,632 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling