Hi, i've been having problems with skype for the last week or more, I can receive messages but not send them either by hitting enter or by clicking send. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but it reinstalls and autologs in and the problem still occurs. I'm stuck!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Before trying to isolate an issue, it's always best that one is running the latest Skype release. Which may in itself resolve the issue.
A new version has just been released August 02, 2011:
Please click the "Get Skype" link at the top of this page and download the normal version of Skype, NOT the beta version to get this new version.
This new version is 188.8.131.52 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:
Help -> About Skype
Have sent you emoticons as thats all I can send. I can't send text so I cant answer your question. I'm sending the message as you asked me to.
In your case and your case only.
1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.
2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.
3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:
If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.
4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.
5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:
Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.
6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:
You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:
Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.
These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.
Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?