failed to load d3d9.dll

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

failed to load d3d9.dll

Have been getting this message when loading Skype.  Skype fails to load.  Have downloaded and installed d3d9 file from MS to no effect.  Have re-installed Skype to no effect.  I can get Skype to load by reverting to an older restore point, but after MS auto-update runs, identical problem returns.

Any help/ideas?  Thanks in advance.

This widget could not be displayed.
makeitso
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

All suggested reco's on Skype support network have failed, including re-downloading updated versions of various files and programs.  I did, however, find a solution at fixya that worked beautifully, though it cost $30 (well worth it).

Install RegInOut software (free download, but must pay $30 to register the program after running).  Run program to repair files and registries.  I accepted all recommendations, re-booted, and Skype loaded and now runs perfectly.

View solution in original post
makeitso
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (3,723 Views)

Re: failed to load d3d9.dll

What is the DirectX version installed on your computer? It must be at least 9.0c.

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type dxdiag.exe. This will start the DirectX diagnostics. See what version is reported and also if there are any error discovered.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6072
Message 2 of 6 (3,713 Views)

Re: failed to load d3d9.dll

All suggested reco's on Skype support network have failed, including re-downloading updated versions of various files and programs.  I did, however, find a solution at fixya that worked beautifully, though it cost $30 (well worth it).

Install RegInOut software (free download, but must pay $30 to register the program after running).  Run program to repair files and registries.  I accepted all recommendations, re-booted, and Skype loaded and now runs perfectly.

makeitso
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (3,699 Views)

Re: failed to load d3d9.dl

can anyone here could help me to get the installer for skype...all the free download installer ive search was unscuccessfull

zzzfhelzzz
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (3,359 Views)

Payment failed

Larry
Moderator icon
Kudos: 78
Message 5 of 6 (2,922 Views)

Re: payment failed

my  visa card has credit but i can not complete my payment. I need skipe to call peru unlimited monthly. but the message payment fail is always there. heeeelppp!

makeitso wrote:

Have been getting this message when loading Skype.  Skype fails to load.  Have downloaded and installed d3d9 file from MS to no effect.  Have re-installed Skype to no effect.  I can get Skype to load by reverting to an older restore point, but after MS auto-update runs, identical problem returns.

Any help/ideas?  Thanks in advance.

dorita2013
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (1,144 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling