entering PIN/Access Code for landline conference c...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

entering PIN/Access Code for landline conference call

After dialing from Skype into a GoToWebinar type conference call hosted on a landline, is there a way to dial the PIN/Access code required to enter the call?

This widget could not be displayed.
oaksys
Esteemed Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

If you are calling via the Skype PC software client; look at the bottom of the call window while the call is in progress and you'll see something marked "Dial Pad" Click on that.

You'll be able to enter any touchtone code by clicking on the displayed numbers or via your keyboard.

View solution in original post
This widget could not be displayed.
Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

The numbers are sent right away (you should hear them being sent). No need to confirm entry via ENTER.
See here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA22/how-do-i-dial-an-extension-during-a-call

View solution in original post
stuman
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 39 (13,428 Views)

Re: entering PIN/Access Code for landline conference call

If you are calling via the Skype PC software client; look at the bottom of the call window while the call is in progress and you'll see something marked "Dial Pad" Click on that.

You'll be able to enter any touchtone code by clicking on the displayed numbers or via your keyboard.

oaksys
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 39 (13,416 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you are using the current Skype client for Windows beta version, there no longer is a method to enter DTMF digits for Skype to Skype calls, after a call has started.

For Inbound and Outbound PSTN calls there still is a icon that when clicked on will show a dialpad, even after the call has started.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 3 of 39 (13,411 Views)

[ Edited ]

Moved to "Windows".

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1367
Message 4 of 39 (13,390 Views)

I am a Linux user.

During a call, tried using the keypad that pops up from the button [Call phones or Send SMS].

I hear the tones, but the far end does not appear to detect them.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks.

yavuz16444
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 39 (13,349 Views)

ummm...when I use the popup "dialpad" I can not enter my password to check my cell phone voicemail...thge tone is made but not recognized by my Verizon voiucemail system...I have seen this question asked in many ways on this forum but no one has provided an answer to get the receiving end to recognize the beeps being entered on the dial pad??? thanks

dsmach
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 39 (13,337 Views)

This does not seem to be a priority for Skype. Literally YEARS ago, I was writing a program to send DTMF commands to a voicemail system. It didn't work, simply because the tones Skype was sending didn't last long enough. I begged them to add a simple "duration" parameter to the command to send tones. Not only did they deny the request, but their support rep was snide and mocking that I would ask for such a stupid feature. Screw 'em if that's how they treat application developers. 

grlewis
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 39 (13,333 Views)

thanks for the quick answer! so in simple terms there is no way for me to check my Verizon cell phone voicemail using skype because I cannot enter my password when the verizon voicemail prompts me for it??? That is unbelievable to this new user!

dsmach
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 39 (13,327 Views)

this does not work because the tones are not recognized on the other end!
dsmach
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 39 (13,325 Views)

[ Edited ]

grlewis wrote:

This does not seem to be a priority for Skype. Literally YEARS ago, I was writing a program to send DTMF commands to a voicemail system. It didn't work, simply because the tones Skype was sending didn't last long enough. I begged them to add a simple "duration" parameter to the command to send tones. Not only did they deny the request, but their support rep was snide and mocking that I would ask for such a stupid feature. Screw 'em if that's how they treat application developers. 

Actually they do work and they work well, the issue in almost all cases is background noise, as well as feedback from speakers or even a headset into the microphone.

The distant end is responsible for doing the DTMF recognition, and while best results will always be when there is not same sequential DTMF digits, controlling background noise and feedback, can help clear this issue up in almost all cases, unless the distant end is NOT doing DTMF recognition well.

You are more than welcome to test this yourself, since you said you were writing a program using this open source C# based code I created. Please note you will need to copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

community.skype.com/t5/Public-API/Sample-C-code-for-Skype-DTMF-and-IVR-Menu-Processing/td-p/17232

Also, if you need something to generate DTMF from Skype, during testing, you can use this tool as well, however, it requires a IE ("Internet Explorer") based browser to function properly:

saveontelephonebills.com/skype/skypebeta/Client.htm

NOTE: I have been working with Skype DTMF, both inbound and outbound for over 6 years, and using 5 different systems, I can say that the above suggestions will work in almost any case, unless the distant end is NOT doing DTMF recognition properly, or there is a poor connection for that specific call, which one can check using the Skype quality feedback window, during the call in question, to see if that is the case.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 10 of 39 (13,320 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling