Re: disable mood history

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

It happens in other IM too.

A simpler way I found to circumvent this missing function is to type a non-displayable character in the mentioned field, for example: holding the “Alt” key and typing 255 in the numeric keypad will produce that kind of character which is in the field but it appears as in blank. Those in mainframe IT, as I am, will remember the famous byte with High Value content, hex FF…

Best regards!

DanAres
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 51 of 114 (2,114 Views)

not to computer literate, so I have found everything I need to clear my mood history but I'll be darned if I know how to turn off my skype so I can rename my file.  I went offline but that is all I know how to do, Help!

angus1
Novel Adventurer
Message 52 of 114 (2,104 Views)

angus1 wrote:

not to computer literate, so I have found everything I need to clear my mood history but I'll be darned if I know how to turn off my skype so I can rename my file.  I went offline but that is all I know how to do, Help!

Have you tried to use Quit? Right click on Skype icon in the system try and select Quit.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5971
Message 53 of 114 (2,101 Views)

I am trying to clear my mood history but I don't know how to stop skype from running. therefore I can't rename the db file. how is this done.
angus1
Novel Adventurer
Message 54 of 114 (2,099 Views)

thankyou for your genious, tried for a year and no luck and one word (quit) from you solved my problems.  kudos to you, skype needs to hire you, common sense would have helped me a lot.  Like putting the x back on the home page to delete unwanted material. 

angus1
Novel Adventurer
Message 55 of 114 (2,095 Views)

Thank you so much! That worked!!
I am so glad I don't have to see my own mood updates that are weeks old every time I open Skype now.
jenniferzc
Novel Tourist
Message 56 of 114 (2,088 Views)

Thank you for your reply, I will have to give that a miss as I am not that good on a pc and I might mess it up but many thanks.

mrgrumpy3
Casual Adventurer
Message 57 of 114 (2,068 Views)

I have followed your instructions but all I get is select a folder to open it with and then I am lost as I tried opening it word and I could not follow it, could you advise on what to do after I have typed in the %appdata%\skype I am using windows7

mrgrumpy3
Casual Adventurer
Message 58 of 114 (2,048 Views)

Sorry I have now sorted that problem thanks to you but I now have 2 messages left on my page inviting me to look at photo's on my brothers facebook page and I cannot get rid of those, there is no X to click on and the changing of the keyval file did not do it only the mood ones went, Help please.
mrgrumpy3
Casual Adventurer
Message 59 of 114 (2,044 Views)

mrgrumpy3 wrote:
Sorry I have now sorted that problem thanks to you but I now have 2 messages left on my page inviting me to look at photo's on my brothers facebook page and I cannot get rid of those, there is no X to click on and the changing of the keyval file did not do it only the mood ones went, Help please.

What you are seeing now are most likely Facebook messages. I’m not 100% sure, but I’m afraid that the only way to remove these messages is not to show updates from Facebook friends. You should have 3 options on your Home page: “Skype contacts”, “Facebook friends” and “All”. Try to select “Skype contacts”.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5971
Message 60 of 114 (2,036 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling