Re: disable mood history

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

disable mood history

I am using the latest skype 5.5.0.1.1.3 on win7   I have contacts that use an itunes mood setting which proliferates my skype home with all the tracks they have played in recent days.  There used to be a setting that could turn off viewing this history but I have been unable to find it in this latest version.  Have I missed it somewhere, is it still possible to turn it off?

Primemover
Power User

Accepted Solution

hope this helps

the image

View solution in original post
whosamabob
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 114 (113,200 Views)

you can selectively hide mood message updates for contacts

hover your mouse near top left of a mood message update to see the "X"
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 425
Message 2 of 114 (113,121 Views)

Hi, I tried several times , but I cannot seem to find the X in the left corner.

Hope you can give me a hint as I want to get rid of the old moods.

Thanks

Ron

Ron-almere
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 114 (113,071 Views)

hover mouse pointer above and to left of each mood message to see the X (you have to be right on top for it to appear)
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 4 of 114 (113,066 Views)

I'm sorry , but still can 't find the X.

I hover to one of my mood messages , look at the left side to find the 'X' , but it does not appear,

Thanks,

Ron

Ron-almere
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 114 (113,071 Views)

hope this helps

the image

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1259
Message 6 of 114 (113,071 Views)

Well, actually not exactly what I mean. This is the receiver's mood message. What I want to delete are the mood messages I created myselve.
Ron-almere
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 114 (113,067 Views)

Ron-almere wrote:
Well, actually not exactly what I mean. This is the receiver's mood message. What I want to delete are the mood messages I created myselve.

Unfortunately, those can not be deleted.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1259
Message 8 of 114 (113,065 Views)

Ron-almere wrote:

I'm sorry , but still can 't find the X.

I hover to one of my mood messages , look at the left side to find the 'X' , but it does not appear,

you can't remove YOUR OWN mood message updates, only the updates sent to you by your contacts

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 9 of 114 (113,070 Views)

Actually it is possible to delete your own mood message updates but it requires an unsupported ”fix”.

You need to delete the keyval.db database file. In order to be on the safe side, it’s best just to rename this file, so you can always get it back if something went wrong.

You can find this file by entering %appdata%\skype in the Start Run/Search box. This will open the Skype User folder. Locate there the folder with your Skype Account name and the keyval.db file will be there. You must stop Skype from running on your computer before deleting/renaming this file. Next time you start Skype a new version of this file will be recreated and all mood message updates will be removed from the home page.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6606
Message 10 of 114 (113,064 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling