control/call bar not disappearing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

control/call bar not disappearing

Windows 7 (64bit), skype (latest version), In any video chat the call controls remain, and do not disappear. How do I fix this?

This widget could not be displayed.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Janny269 wrote:

Mouse is not on screen.

Mouse is on screen

I'm affraid those screen grabs don't register with me.  I can't tell what they're really showing.

In any case, I can only think of two things that may be causing your problem.  One is that something in Windows is thinking your mouse is over the Skype window when it  isn't.  If that's the problem, it will be hard to find the cause.

The other possiblity is one of your Skype configuration files may have become corrupted.  I suggest you try resetting Skype's configuration using this procedure.  Maybe you'll get lucky.

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

View solution in original post
ccastigl
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 55
Message 1 of 28 (9,544 Views)

Re: control/call bar not disappearing

[ Edited ]

I have the same version as the previous post. When I am in a video call; the bar at the bottom of the screen stays round and does not disappear when I move the pointer out of the screen, is there something in my setup I need to adjust for it to disappear?

Janny269
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 28 (9,517 Views)

The toolbar should disappear when you move your mouse off the Skype window.  The most common cause for it not doing so is that an IM is waiting. 

Click on the IM icon on the toolbar to open the IM window and make sure all IM's have been read....that they don't have an orange dot next to them.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 3 of 28 (9,510 Views)

I have removed the messaging text at the bottom of the screen and moved the mouse out of the window but the bar for "show contacts" "show IM" "turn off video" "mute your microphone" "add, send and share..." "end call" "call quality information" and "screen options for this call" still stays up, this bar is round not rectangle when it is open. The IM page is not visible.

Janny269
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 28 (9,508 Views)

We're talking about the same toolbar.

showcontacts.jpg

The second icon from the left should be white, not blue, and it shouldn't have an orange dot it in.

If it's blue, or has an orange dot, there's still an IM waiting to be read.

You might also look at your contacts list and make sure there are no orange dots next to any of your other contacts, indicating there's an IM waiting from them.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 28 (9,505 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have 1 contact and there are no orange dots anywhere. I am presently online Top image the mouse is out of the screen. The bottom image where you see "Default View" this is where my mouse pointer is on the screen. The bar is always there. I will put in next post the image, it will not fit here must not exceed 20000 characters.

Janny269
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 28 (9,503 Views)

Mouse is not on screen.

Mouse is on screen

Janny269
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 28 (9,496 Views)

Version 5.8.0.154 for Skype
Janny269
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 28 (9,493 Views)

Yes, I'm still having that same issue, since December 16th. Thanks for posting Janny269.

It's very frustrating that this hasn't been resolved, especially after two months.

ccastigl
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 55
Message 9 of 28 (9,487 Views)

Janny269 wrote:

Mouse is not on screen.

Mouse is on screen

I'm affraid those screen grabs don't register with me.  I can't tell what they're really showing.

In any case, I can only think of two things that may be causing your problem.  One is that something in Windows is thinking your mouse is over the Skype window when it  isn't.  If that's the problem, it will be hard to find the cause.

The other possiblity is one of your Skype configuration files may have become corrupted.  I suggest you try resetting Skype's configuration using this procedure.  Maybe you'll get lucky.

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 28 (9,482 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling