contacts organization

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

contacts organization

Dear sir(s)

I have skype on my two computers and one smartphone mostly it works well and it helps me to remain in contacts with family and friends.

A few days ago I noticed that the phone contacts are in the same list of the skype contacts. I was surprised to see that the phone list was lost. I made a new phone list and copied the phone contacts to there but I can't remove them from the skype list. All that appears on one of the computers the lists on the other and the smartphone are OK. Reinstall of skype didn't help.

I'll be mostly grateful if you can help me.     bobalice43

bobalice43
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (750 Views)

Re: contacts organization

you cannot remove phone contacts from the built-in Skype list in the Windows client

you could create a new custom list for just Skype contacts
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 2 of 5 (732 Views)

neil, thank you for your reaction. I noticed that I had a few build in contact lists among them:

skype and phone numbers. The second one disappeared. My question: how can I restore this one. just make a new list (even with the exact same name) didn't solve the problem.

thank you,                 bobalice43

bobalice43
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]

the built-in list called Phone Numbers has been removed in the latest versions of the Windows client, and there is no way to restore it, sorry

creating a separate custom list for phone numbers does not remove them from the buil-in list called Skype, which is hy I suggested creating a new/separate custom list (call it something like 'Skype Only')

then you don't need to even use the one called 'Skype' if you don't want to include phone numbers in the listing

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 4 of 5 (721 Views)

neil, thank you again.

I understand now that nothing went wrong, it's just a modification change.

if so i accept your advise as a solution.

bobalice43
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (708 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling