04-01-2012 17:17 - edited 04-01-2012 17:19
1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.
Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled
2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"
3. Click Start >> Run Type: "%programdata%\Skype\Apps" (without the quotes)
4. Rename the folder login to login1
5. Then go to Skype folder inside program files and go to phone folder and then right click on Skype application and select send to Desktop (Create shortcut)
Now try running Skype.
Check if the isuue persists.