cannot install skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

cannot install skype

I downloaded the installer, ran it and after it finished downloading I got: "we are having problems connecting to the download server. to download an alternative installer..."

I downloaded the alternative installer, and got the same thing.

This widget could not be displayed.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

chen8406 wrote:
As stated in my prior post, I did that too...

In that case, please download/install from here: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Afterwards, then please try again from here:

Please try downloading/installing from here and choose the run or open option when prompted: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full-56

If this fails, please delete your IE ("Internet Explorer") browser cache, cookies and temp files and try again using a IE browser window, even if IE is not your default browser.

View solution in original post
chen8406
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 19 (3,960 Views)

Re: cannot install skype

chen8406 wrote:

I downloaded the installer, ran it and after it finished downloading I got: "we are having problems connecting to the download server. to download an alternative installer..."

I downloaded the alternative installer, and got the same thing.

Please try downloading/installing from here and choose the run or open option when prompted: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full-56

If this fails, please delete your IE ("Internet Explorer") browser cache, cookies and temp files and try again using a IE browser window, even if IE is not your default browser.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 2 of 19 (3,816 Views)

I did everything you suggested. Ran the SkypeSetupFull.exe file- got the same thing: ""we are having problems connecting to the download server. To download an alternative installer..."

chen8406
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (3,810 Views)

chen8406 wrote:

I did everything you suggested. Ran the SkypeSetupFull.exe file- got the same thing: ""we are having problems connecting to the download server. To download an alternative installer..."

As stated in my prior post, please then do:

"If this fails, please delete your IE ("Internet Explorer") browser cache, cookies and temp files and try again using a IE browser window, even if IE is not your default browser."

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 19 (3,802 Views)

chen8406
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (3,800 Views)

chen8406 wrote:

In that case, please download/install from here: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Afterwards, then please try again from here:

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 19 (3,796 Views)

[ Edited ]

Downloaded and installed from: "getskype-msi". Worked. Thank you!

chen8406
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 19 (3,787 Views)

chen8406 wrote:

Downloaded and installed from: "getskype-msi". Worked. Thank you!

You are very welcome, glad to help.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 8 of 19 (3,781 Views)

не запускается скайп. переустанасливаю третий день. при входе выдает ошибку 

"Инструкция по адресу"0х637b2ede" обратилась к памяти по адресу "0х00000000". память не может быть "read". 

ОК - завершение приложение

Отмена - отладка приложения

После этого окно закрывается, не успеваю даже пароль ввести. Три дня назад все работало нормально. ПОМОГИТЕ!!!

galtak
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (3,741 Views)

i cant connect my skype

asiwebest
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 19 (3,585 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling