You can't call this number on Skype right now

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

You can't call this number on Skype right now

My Skype gengerlly operate okay until form the last month on i haven't been be able to call a Mobile number in Gansu China.  The number belongs to China Mobile! I tried again and again, but it still doesn't work. It's really annoying!! The Skype always says  "You can't call this number on Skype right now". What's wrong with it? By the way, it works quite well in calling other regions in China and the other company's numeber--China unicom in Gansu. 

justbehappy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (2,599 Views)

Re: You can't call this number on Skype right now

[ Edited ]

I very much doubt that you will get a straight answer as to why you can't call this particular number, but I suspect the same issue applies to ALL numbers supported by that particular mobile carrier, and the message you are getting from Skype when you try is very explicit

you can contact Skype Customer Support about it if you wish
ttps://support.skype.com/faq/FA1170?intcmp=SN-Mods (note the leading 'h' that is missing from the URL)

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 314
Message 2 of 5 (2,583 Views)

hey i cant call either. it told me that i have the wrong number or something. u figuring out a way yet?
Xinyitina7
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (2,286 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have been trying to stop scammers posing as "Facebook Support". One of them was dumb enough to submit a real IP so I ran a whois, got the actual phone number of the scammer in Belgium and tried to ring them up to persuade them to stop sending scams. That is when I got the can't call on Skype right now message. Odd that. The IP was [***].

IW8
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (1,911 Views)

Hi, IW8, and welcome to the Community,

Your post was referred to the Moderator Team as an IP address was included in your post, which for security reasons cannot be included or revealed.  I know that sounds ridiculous given the nature of your post, however that particular IP may also be in use by innocent parties.

If the scammer is using Skype as their communications method, you may report the account(s) to abuse@skype.net or to Skype Customer Service starting with this link to the instruction on how to contact them: contact customer service

Call routing issues are random and can be caused by many things.  Best to report these to Skype Customer Service for research.

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1939
Message 5 of 5 (1,901 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling