Wont let me sign in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Wont let me sign in

Whenever i go on to skype on my computer (which is windows vista) i enter my username and password, then it starts to try and sign me in, it keeps trying to sign me in for about 10 minutes and then it says can't connect. I have tried unistalling it and reinstalling it, changing the file's names, changing my password, trying a different account and it still won't work. the technical support hasn't helped so far, please answer my question

DanWasdellx
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (1,933 Views)

Re: Wont let me sign in

What version of Skype do you have installed?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specific version number?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 994
Message 2 of 6 (1,767 Views)

Mine is doing the exact same thing and I have tried everything. I spoke to tech support after trying all the suggestions under the FAQs and they said they were going to email me a list of additional things to try and I never got anything. I have version 5.8. If anyone jkknows how to fix this...
heatherworkac
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (1,752 Views)

DanWasdellx
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (1,724 Views)

DanWasdellx wrote:

OOk

Can you browse websites with Internet Explorer, even if IE isn't your primary browser?

If you can browse with IE, clear it's cache.  Click on Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing history > Delete.

If that doesn't help, try resetting Skype's configuration:

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

And if Skype still won't let you signin, what anti-virus / firewall are you running?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 994
Message 5 of 6 (1,708 Views)

i try enter my skype and wont enter something wrong with skype
CW1
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (1,366 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling