Wont let me download

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Wont let me download

I had skype already installed, when it tried to do an update. The update gave me an error message so I canceled the update, and it somehow deleted Skype from my computer. Now when I try to download it again the same error message pops up saying

"The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory C:\Program Files(x86)\Skype\Phone the installation cannot continue. Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator."

But the thing is I AM the administrator. So I tried it from the other profile on my computer, which is also an administrator profile, and the exact same message popped up. This is really annoying and im not quite sure what to do. Any tips?

hunterpwood95
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

Re: Wont let me download

try this.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-won-t-install-quot-insufficient-privileges-quot/m-p/1005...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6183
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

In the securities tab there is no "Everyone Group" and when i try to change the privilages it tells me I that access is denied.

hunterpwood95
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this:

a) Click Start.

b) In the search box type cmd

c) Right click and select Run as administrator.

d) Type secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose and press ENTER.

Restart your computer and try again.

Microsoft KB313222

you can also try Portable Version

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6183
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling