Wireless keeps dropping when in Skype call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Wireless keeps dropping when in Skype call

Hello everyone,

I am using Windows 7 64bit and recently had a 10Mb connection installed and ever since I tried to go on a Skype call with camera, the wireless keeps dropping and won't get stable unless I unplug the Netgear VMDG280 from the socket, let it rest for about 10mins and then plug it in again.

Once the wireless starts dropping it keeps being like that even if I stob being on a cam call on Skype. When I'm connecting my Acer Aspire 5738Z to the router via an Ethernet cable, everything works fine.

Can someone please help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

dmaria4321
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,631 Views)

Re: Wireless keeps dropping when in Skype call

dmaria4321 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am using Windows 7 64bit and recently had a 10Mb connection installed and ever since I tried to go on a Skype call with camera, the wireless keeps dropping and won't get stable unless I unplug the Netgear VMDG280 from the socket, let it rest for about 10mins and then plug it in again.

Once the wireless starts dropping it keeps being like that even if I stob being on a cam call on Skype. When I'm connecting my Acer Aspire 5738Z to the router via an Ethernet cable, everything works fine.

Can someone please help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

Please try this:

Using the main Skype client program window please do:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection

Please uncheck the enable uPnP checkbox and click the "Save" button.

Stop/Start Skype

Any better?

Note: If this works, you should disable this at the router/AP level.

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 501
Message 2 of 3 (1,626 Views)

Re: Wireless keeps dropping when in Skype call

internet wireless network drops as soon as I do a skype call  -    just trying to do the

ECHO test drops my wireless internet connection   -  of course the call does not function and in a few minutes the wireless network  comes back

I am running Windows xpservice pack 3   with all udates installed

I am using a Belkin USB wireless adapter  -  which works fine

I have tried the suggestion -  unchecking the Enable uPnP box   -  still drops

the internet connection

This seems like a new problem to me

I am running skype version   5.5.0.124

should I try to go back to earleir versions of skype?

thanks for some help

postfamily
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,600 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling