Re: Windows System Download Problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Windows System Download Problem

I am getting a "Skypesetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application" when trying to download for the first time. Can anybody help me?

Please use plain text.
mcvays5
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (4,430 Views)

try this one . . .
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full
Regards,
Neil
Please use plain text.
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 273
Message 2 of 10 (4,333 Views)

The full file version worked.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
mcvays5
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (4,329 Views)

Please use plain text.
dragon_1950
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (4,030 Views)

I am trying to remove someone from from my computer who set up an account so I can set up an account without them and their contacts still being there. I have removed Skype and all references to it including the register, but when I download a clean version there is the previous user and their contacts. I want them gone and to use Skype but if that isn't possable then I will just do away with Skype completely. There seems to be no answers to this problem
Please use plain text.
dragon_1950
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (4,028 Views)

There is an answer to your problem but your question doesn't relate to the subject of this thread.  Please start your own thread with an appropriate subject title and you'll likely get your problem solved.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Please use plain text.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 847
Message 6 of 10 (4,014 Views)

g4pilutsaid"

There is an answer to your problem but your question doesn't relate to the subject of this thread.  Please start your own thread with an appropriate subject title and you'll likely get your problem solved."

Always nice to have a friendly answer from a smart ass. Why not just take the same amount of time to reply with an answer or point to the link.

And yes it is about windows system download problem Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
dragon_1950
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (3,995 Views)

Suit yourself and good luck.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Please use plain text.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 847
Message 8 of 10 (3,984 Views)

[ Edited ]

dragon_1950 wrote:

And yes it is about windows system download problem

your post is not about the same issue raised by the original poster (generalities do NOT count) and it wouldn't matter even if your issue was exactly the same

this thread is 'owned' by the original poster and any post that does not contribute directly toward a solution to the specific issue raised by the original poster is considered to be a hijack attempt

your post violates forum rules

the issue raised by the original poster is already solved

start your own thread

Regards,
Neil
Please use plain text.
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 273
Message 9 of 10 (3,969 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had skype download on my computer a few months ago.  I recently had to have a new operating system put on computer - I thought that Skype had been removed.  I tried to add Skype again and now am getting fatal error messages along with 1603 messages.  I went in and tried to remove all existing files from the first download but nothing is working.  How can I add Skype and get it working like before?  Any help will be appreciated.  *personal information edited*

Thank you

Please use plain text.
muffy
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (2,808 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling