Windows 8 skype for desktop login rolls forever

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 8 skype for desktop login rolls forever

I have been using Skype for desktop on my windows 8 pc for more tan a year now. And today when I started my computer skype seemed to work fine. I left the computer for a while so that the screensaver went on. When I came back to the PC I started to play a game and then skype started to reconnect and I continued playing for about two hours. After that I saw that skype were still reconnecting. I pressed log out and tried to re log in, then I couldnt access my account so I went trying too reset the password it then said I had tried to many times that day after me pressing the rquest button that didn't seem to work. I then tried reinstalling skype and typed in my account info. And now i'm back to square one with skype rolling the login screen forever without me able to cancel it. I have restarted the program with shuting it of with task manager and retrying several times but it still doesn't work. 

I have tried using the skype for windows 8 app in my PC but it automaticly logged in on my microsoft account which I haven't used for skype and have no friends on and can't even find anything in it, but calling Echo sound test and to a custom phone number which I need skype credit for. When my friend tried it he said he was hang up every time launched a game and talked skype at the same time.

I can however use skype on my mobile phone but that and the win 8 skype app doesn't really work while playing PC games.

Note I haven't upgraded to windows 8.1 because it only says error when I trie. (If that helps in any way)

iZepreS
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: Windows 8 skype for desktop login rolls forever

iZepreS wrote:

I have been using Skype for desktop on my windows 8 pc for more tan a year now. And today when I started my computer skype seemed to work fine. I left the computer for a while so that the screensaver went on. When I came back to the PC I started to play a game and then skype started to reconnect and I continued playing for about two hours. After that I saw that skype were still reconnecting. I pressed log out and tried to re log in, then I couldnt access my account so I went trying too reset the password it then said I had tried to many times that day after me pressing the rquest button that didn't seem to work. I then tried reinstalling skype and typed in my account info. And now i'm back to square one with skype rolling the login screen forever without me able to cancel it. I have restarted the program with shuting it of with task manager and retrying several times but it still doesn't work. 

I have tried using the skype for windows 8 app in my PC but it automaticly logged in on my microsoft account which I haven't used for skype and have no friends on and can't even find anything in it, but calling Echo sound test and to a custom phone number which I need skype credit for. When my friend tried it he said he was hang up every time launched a game and talked skype at the same time.

I can however use skype on my mobile phone but that and the win 8 skype app doesn't really work while playing PC games.

Note I haven't upgraded to windows 8.1 because it only says error when I trie. (If that helps in any way)

Check for the Error log

Open Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for any error messages with timestamp corresponding to Skype crash. Copy and paste here the text from the General tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

If you found my post useful, please give "Kudos".
If it helped to answer your problem/question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" so other people can find it easily.
NewHorizon
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 117
Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling