Windows 8 Skype and Setup Problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 8 Skype and Setup Problem

[ Edited ]

When I opened the Windows 8 skype app I logged in with my microsoft account and the little spinning loading symbol just keeps turning. It doesn't load. 

I tried shutting off the computer and turning it back and that didn't help. I also uninstalled skype and downloaded again. It still didn't work

and when I downloaded the setup for the desktop version I opened it, but it wouldn't open up. and when i tried to delete the setup it said it couldn't be deleted because SkypeSetup.exe is running..even though it didn't show up in my processes.

Update : Now Skype won't even show anything. When I click skype from my start menu it shows a blue screen and then crashes. 

I prefer the desktop version of skype over the windows 8 (I know because i've seen how it is on windows :cool: which is why i posted it in windows.

maximanders
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (550 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Skype and Setup Problem

Please answer all of the following questions in your very next reply:

Did you receive any error code / message?

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?
Do you have any other p2p (µTorrent, BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer?
Which version of Skype do you use?

Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6736
Message 2 of 6 (529 Views)

[ Edited ]

No

Yes

Yes

No

Whatever version the windows 8 app is and the setup i tried was the desktop one from here : http://beta.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

No

Norton 

None

maximanders
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (513 Views)

UPDATE: Skype is working now! One day it just started working. yay :bigsmile:
maximanders
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (490 Views)

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6736
Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)

I am having the exact same problem. How can I get it to stop?

bjm0907
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (441 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling