Windows 7 Ultimate not Compatible??

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 7 Ultimate not Compatible??

I just updated my OS to Window 7 Ultimate and when I downloaded skype it wont work saying that I am not compatible. What can I do here??

Trevor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (2,525 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate not Compatible??

It is compatible. What is giving you this message, Skype or Windows?  Do you have a screenshot, or at least exact phrasing?  And what version of Skype are you attempting to install?

rseiler
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 65
Message 2 of 9 (2,396 Views)

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and Skype (5.5..0.115) runs fine.

Amorluce
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (2,391 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have tried to install to add this tread a couple of weeks ago and still having troubles. Here is the link from when i added in a tread called "Unable to Install Error message Corrupted executable file" and added over a week ago

This didnt work eiher here is a screenie have installed uninstalled at least 10 times. If i reboot my computer it will load at startup go to use and crash's. Wouldnt let me add full link but add http to the front for a screenie

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/20110904200451.png/

Slipperyfox62
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (2,376 Views)

please try the links and suggesions mentioned here;

Alternative Download Links (for Windows and Mac)

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1297
Message 5 of 9 (2,373 Views)

Windows will run it but then it will come up saying that Skype has stopped working. The problem windows comes up with is that it is not compatible. I am not really sure why this is happening. I have rebooted and run as administrator...

Trevor
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (2,370 Views)

Trevor wrote:

Windows will run it but then it will come up saying that Skype has stopped working. The problem windows comes up with is that it is not compatible. I am not really sure why this is happening. I have rebooted and run as administrator...

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%..., what happens?

If it fails, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... again. What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the regular release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 618
Message 7 of 9 (2,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sir, I am using the OS " Windows7 Ultimate". Though I am able to sign into skype; I am not able to even make the 'test call' successfully. I had re-installed skype , but it still didn't work.

My email id is *edited for privacy*

Please guide me and help me overcome the problem ; so as to use Skype.

Thanking You,

Melton J Feegrado

Date:13.09.'12.

feegradomelton
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (1,668 Views)

[ Edited ]

feegradomelton wrote:

Sir, I am using the OS " Windows7 Ultimate". Though I am able to sign into skype; I am not able to even make the 'test call' successfully. I had re-installed skype , but it still didn't work.

My email id is [removed for privacy]

Please guide me and help me overcome the problem ; so as to use Skype.

Thanking You,

Melton J Feegrado

Date:13.09.'12.

Make sure your connection status is set to online.

online.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5941
Message 9 of 9 (1,665 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling