Re: Windows 7 64 Bit, Skype, Bluetooth Conflict

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 7 64 Bit, Skype, Bluetooth Conflict

I have Skype installed as follows:

Windows 7 64 Bit (English)

DELL E4310

Bluethooth

8GB RAM

SSD HDD

IE 8

Office 2010 Professional

Acrobat x

Other applications

When I install Skype, and open the application (or run in the background), windows polls through all open applications. During the polling period the open window cannot be used, although typing is buffered and then added to when the poll returns to the application in use.

A few minutes after this starts, an error message that the Blutooth stack has stopped working appears. Closing that application does NOT rectify the Skype polling problem, and the bluetooth keyboard being used (MS 6000) continues to operate.

This isa highly annoying bug and as a reult I have removed and reinstalled Skype a number of times. At the moment I am using Skype very occassionally and only from my iPhone.

Does anyone know how to rectify the problem? I have tried to push the version back to previous versions but no luck.

Thanks for any advice.

markjapan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (2,719 Views)

I regret having to say that I do not have a firm solution for your problem, but, I have an idea. Toshiba makes a "Bluetooth Stack" that one may download and install on a Windows machine. It has a better GUI than most and it also has some features that other BT stacks do not have. You can try it with your machine. When I downloaded it the other day it was still free but rumour is that they will start charging for it soon.

Other than that...

Have you had any luck with other methods?

Mike Adams

PCForensics
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (1,964 Views)

Hi

Did you sove this problem yet?

Since you posted last june, I may be a little late

with this....can't be everywhere at once

Your problem is with the keyboard dongle. It is probaly set to only work with the keyboard.My logiteck is that way.

The solution is to ge anoher USB Bluetooth Dongle.

i use an ASUS. it's about 10.00 on newegg and comes with the software you need

once it's installed open your skype window and go to options/audio settings and select the bluetooth sound and microphone, save it and you should be good to go.

use the test call to make sure it working right...Hope this helps

digibob2
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,134 Views)

Hi,

It seems to be a problem with the Broadcom Bluetooth Stack. I removed it completely and all seems to be working fine now.

The keyboard and mouse use the PC internal BT adapter, there is no dongle attached.

markjapan
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (1,126 Views)

Is this ever going to be fixed? This is the only reson me and my company more importantly will not use Skype. I have tried all the fixes including the beta and nothing stops the errors.

Xtrude

xtrude64
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (788 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling