Why am I getting kicked off Skype everytime I try ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Why am I getting kicked off Skype everytime I try to connect

I cant figure out whats wrong. Today,all of the sudden,skype will load for a few seconds then say "skype cant connect,blah,blah,blah". I keep trying it over and over but its the same outcome. I just want to video chat my girlfriend who lives 800 miles away...

darkninja
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 27 (4,566 Views)

I have the same problem.  Every time I try to do a video call, I get kicked off since the newest update.  Windows 7 64-bit system.  Here's my event viewer stuff: 

Faulting application name: Skype.exe, version: 5.6.59.110, time stamp: 0x4e96c2e0
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc
Faulting process id: 0xda8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cca7fdd192455c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 99b8f4fa-13f1-11e1-974b-00241dcd892f

orlandu22
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 27 (4,566 Views)

I'm getting the same problem as well. And Skype was working perfectly fine for me 4 days ago and now it decides to derp and crash on me 5 times when I try to join a group call  with my friends now.

narubaby76
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 27 (4,562 Views)

feeling the same way ... they need to fix it!

nightwillow007
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 27 (4,552 Views)

I'm getting the same thing...does anyone know why? My daughter lives in Japan and I want to talk with her.
marilynbunch60
Casual Tourist
Message 15 of 27 (4,552 Views)

I installed the new version of Skype...had the old.  Keep getting kicked out. OMG

pinkp
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 27 (4,552 Views)

Check to see if you get a message " problem with your recording device"  I just started experiencing that today.  For some reason Skype has a conflict with your microphone device and crashes.  This causes the driver to stop and the only way you can get your speakers and microphone to work again is to reboot.  You can check this out by playing music on the computer, go into skype and it will crash.  Go to play music again and it will not play because there is something wrong with the devices(ie the service has been halted)

It seems that there is something that has changed with Windows or Skype recently that is causing a problem.  I am running Vista and see many of you are running Windows 7.  Wonder if something happened with Skype.

tnohelty
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 27 (4,549 Views)

I managed to get Skype to work

with Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate

but not with 64 bit Ulitmate.

The problems we all are having

just began a day or two ago, but

no help from Skype/Microsoft yet.

alexmcwood
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 27 (4,527 Views)

Same thing is happening to me looks like skype is going down hill since I haven't been able to find any kind of help with this issue. You would think with all the people talking about it someone from skype would at least post something about it.

devildonkey44
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 27 (4,527 Views)

I am getting the same exact thing!!!!!

michele98216
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 27 (4,527 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling