Where's the dialpad at

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Where's the dialpad at

[ Edited ]

It's nowhere to be found! when a particular friend calls me at least..

ok so how does that go, he calls me, I need to press answer and then I need to press another # before we can actually talk, but like I said, the dialpad has vanished for some reason? it's not at the bottom of the screen anymore, like next to the other icons (where it's supposed to be) so what do I need to press/click/open before we can actually talk again? and can you perhaps make a print screen and show it to me? (thanks in advance :happy:) because this is gonna cause casualties, the older version of Skype just had it out there for everyone to see, it was there on the screen

Or I'm just blind

Pip
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (700 Views)

Re: Where's the dialpad at

the dial pad was removed from the call control bar that appears during calls because the dial pad is almost never needed for Skype-to-Skype calls

if you want to use it during a Skype-to-Skype call, you can do so via the menus -- click Call > Show Dial Pad
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 316
Message 2 of 12 (583 Views)

I looked in my "call" and dialpad is not there.  Help.

kabuch75
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 12 (518 Views)

Where has the dialpad gone.   I need to call a non-skype phone & can't see how to do it - help someone before I quit skype forever!

Angryex-user
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 12 (351 Views)

Angryex-user wrote:

Where has the dialpad gone.   I need to call a non-skype phone & can't see how to do it - help someone before I quit skype forever!

See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Dial-Pad-not-active/m-p/697459/highlight/true#M54199

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5595
Message 5 of 12 (346 Views)

there is no phone icon when I sign in. I cannot find it any where. I have the primuom account, paid up and it tellms me it is ready to go but it isnt

2panamadave
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (193 Views)

2panamadave wrote:

there is no phone icon when I sign in. I cannot find it any where. I have the primuom account, paid up and it tellms me it is ready to go but it isnt

What is the version of Skype program installed on your computer? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

Are you signing in Skype program on your computer or to your Account page on Skype.com?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 12 (187 Views)

into whatever the program is after the sign in
2panamadave
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (178 Views)

2panamadave wrote:
into whatever the program is after the sign in

Whatever is not good. It must be Skype program installed on your computer. See this:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/getting-started-with-skype-windows-desktop

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 12 (177 Views)

ruwim wrote:

2panamadave wrote:

What is the version of Skype program installed on your computer? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

Are you signing in Skype program on your computer or to your Account page on Skype.com?

Hi. account page
Hi. it is the account page

2panamadave
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (139 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling