Where has my skype history gone!?!?! HELP!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Where has my skype history gone!?!?! HELP!

Hello!

About a week and a half ago, I could still access all my chats in skype. However, when I logged on today, I saw I only can view up to 30 days with chat! What's happened?? I haven't deleted anything manually, I have the box ticked to save history forever, I literally can't view anything from the past 30 days! It's ridiculous. I have even tried using the skype opener with the main file but it's only saved fragments, like shows sent and received files but no conversations older than 30 days...a bit devastated, what can I do to retrieve anything?? Really disappointed with skype, this is the second time this has happened--last time I restored the main log file and it worked and restored everything, but this time it's not worked. Are all those chats REALLY gone? HELP!

electriclove
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (2,416 Views)

Re: Where has my skype history gone!?!?! HELP!

All your chat history is saved only on your computer, and you can find it in the main.db database file. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%\skype and then press Enter or OK button. You should see now the Skype settings folder and within it a folder named as your Skype user name. Open this folder. In this folder you should see this main.db file (the name may just say main, but with Data base description in the Type column). If you also can see a file named main.corrupted or main.iscorrupted, then this means that your chat database file was corrupted, and this might be the reason for not seeing the old messages.

You can also download this free application - SkypeLogView:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

Using this application, you should be able to see all the messages still saved on your computer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5838
Message 2 of 2 (2,411 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling